If you love to travel, you’re going to end up on airplanes somewhat regularly.
Long-haul flying can be utterly exhausting and at times unpleasant. However pleasant travel concierge that I am, I have a many tricks up my sleeve to share with you to make air travel a little more lovely.
- Pay extra to choose your seat. This is money well spent, especially if you are on a long haul economy flight. Guarantee that you are sitting with friends or family guarantee that you are not right next to the bathroom and my favourite, guarantee that you get legroom.
- Baby wipes. You will feel gross after 12 hours on a plane; everyone does. Take a packet of baby wipes and give yourself a wipe down in the loo, you’ll feel refreshed and smell nice.
- Hydrate. Drink lots of water.
- Australian Bush Flower Remedy travel essence is great for lessening jet lag.
- Eye drops.
- Eddie Bauer travel throw. You’ve seen me tweet about tis before now, but this is GENIUS. A very thin goose down travel throws that you can stuff into a bag when you aren’t using it. And a little bag perfectly fits the airplane pillow. That’s right; you’ll be all snug as a bug in a rug wrapped up in this bad boy. You’ll feel the envious glances from your fellow passengers all the way to customs.
- Do not wear tight clothing or tight shoes, you want to feel comfortable as possible.
- Eye mask
- Ear plugs
- Solid perfume.
- Books. Paper ones, just in case all your electronic devices fail, the in-plane tv fails or, worst of all: The in-flight movie is a rom-com.
What are your tips for long-haul flying? Share in the comments, I’d love to hear them!