A weekend trip is a chance to get away from the grind without committing too much time or money in the process. A few extra days of r&r can have an incredible effect on your health and motivation!
The professionals at TRIPorganiser are experts at organising and planning the getawat of your dreams, whether it’s a family holiday or a business trip. Today, they share 5 tips for how to plan a short and sweet weekend trip.
- Consider your accommodation – choose somewhere that’s close to the action and won’t swallow up too much time with transport. You’ll get the most out of your getaway if you’re somewhere accessible.
- Turn your phone off – well, not ‘off’ off… but make sure you’re getting the most of your time away by putting away your mobile of laptop. It’ll give you an opportunity to soak up the environment and spend quality time with the people around you.
- Pack light – keeping your luggage light means there’ll be less stress and hassle on your trip. Travelling will also be a lot easier, and you’ll be able to keep baggage costs to a minimum!
- Decide a budget – even before you settle on a destination for your weekend away, you should set your budget. This is the first step to any kind of planning and will mean you can relax on your holiday, with no post-trip regrets!
- Set a rough plan – a weekend away shouldn’t be super flexible if you want to make the most of your days. Come up with a rough plan for each day of your trip and pull together a loose itinerary that maximise your time.