You don’t need to win the lottery to travel the world. If you know how to watch your money and take some wallet-friendly shortcuts, you’ll have everything you need to explore on a budget.
The professionals at TRIPorganiser are experts at organising and planning the getaway of your dreams, whether it’s a family holiday or a business trip. Today, they share 5 ways to travel on a budget.
- Come up with a plan – if you have the luxury of time and money, spontaneous travel is great. For the rest of us, a plan is needed! It doesn’t have to be minute by minute, but does require a general route and loose itinerary to establish where you’re going to be, and when.
- Travel out of season – avoid travelling during the school holidays when travel companies hike up their prices. Instead, travel just before or after the peak times to catch those lower prices.
- Be accommodation-savvy – trade pricey rooms for hostels and dorms. Sharing a room is, by far, the cheapest way to stay somewhere, and is a great way to meet new people. Websites like AirBnB and Couchsurfing lets you book a spare room in a local person’s house.
- Book flights in advance – you never want to be in the position where you run out of money abroad without a guaranteed ticket home. Book your flights in advance to save money and to give yourself some security.
- Earn while you travel – working holidays are the ideal way to spend several months of the year travelling and immersing yourself in a culture. Teach a language, work a bar, take care of holidaymakers... the opportunities are endless.